As an athlete, you know that your muscles need to be firing on all cylinders in order to perform at your best. In last week's article on Alpha GPC, we learned about the cognitive performance-enhancing capabilities of this nootropic. This week, we'll explore the physical performance benefits of supplementing with Alpha GPC.
As we learned in our previous article, acetylcholine is not just the "learning neurotransmitter" - its ability to stimulate muscle contraction means it's also involved in the mind-muscle connection. And because Alpha GPC is a cholinergic compound that increases acetylcholine levels, it makes sense that supplementing with this nootropic could have some incredible physical performance benefits!
But first, let's have a rapid-fire recap of what we covered last week:
Top 10 Takeaways about the Mental Benefits of Alpha GPC
- Alpha GPC is a natural cholinergic compound used to improve memory, focus, attention, learning ability, and reaction time.
- The mechanisms behind Alpha-GPC's effects are that it provides the body with the necessary "building blocks" to produce the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
- Alpha-GPC crosses the blood-brain barrier to deliver choline to the brain.
- Choline is also involved in the synthesis of phosphatidylcholine - essential for proper brain cell function and structure.
- We produce small amounts of Alpha GPC in our bodies. We can also get choline from dietary sources like soy lecithin or egg yolks.
- Alpha GPC is most commonly used to treat Alzheimer's disease, strokes, dementia, and other age-related cognitive declines.
- Because Alpha-GPC is so beneficial - and we burn through reserves so fast! - many healthy younger people choose to supplement with it in order to increase levels of this nootropic.
- People with high blood pressure should seek professional medical advice from their health care professional before taking Alpha GPC.
- Alpha GPC is a safe and effective nootropic which can be taken daily to improve mental and physical performance.
- Advantages of regular Alpha GPC intake can include improvement in cognitive function, neuroprotection, and psychomotor performance.
Now that we're all caught up, let's dive into some of those amazing physical performance benefits that are associated with Alpha GPC supplementation!
Alpha GPC and the Mind-Muscle Connection
Simply put, the mind-muscle connection is a conscious and deliberate muscle contraction. One of the most well-known benefits of Alpha GPC is its ability to support the mind-muscle connection. This nootropic has been shown to increase acetylcholine levels, which in turn can lead to more efficient muscle contraction.
This is significant in strength and power athletes, who need to be able to create peak force as quickly as possible. But even if you're not a competitive athlete, having a strong mind-muscle connection can lead to better quality workouts and improved results from your training.
Alpha GPC and increased energy levels
This nootropic can also help to keep you feeling energized and focused throughout the day, so you can make the most of your time at work or in the gym. In addition to its positive impact on the mind-muscle connection, Alpha GPC has also been shown to increase energy levels. In fact, this has been shown to be as potent as the use of caffeine, without all the associated "caffeine high" side effects like jitters or anxiety.
(At Simply Nootropics, our products are proudly caffeine-free, unlike many of the others on the market which can contain junk or cheap stimulants for a "quick fix". We believe in only using clinically-backed nootropic ingredients, which is why our team of experts has formulated a powerful and effective stack that you can rely on).
Because taking Alpha GPC increases phosphatidylcholine levels, it provides energy reserves, making it an effective ergogenic aid for increasing the power output of your muscles. In studies, healthy young athletes who received Alpha GPC showed improved performance in jumping, isometric strength, and psychomotor function.
Choline is also great for prolonged activities like cycling, running marathons - even a competitive tennis match. Did you know that running 26K reduces plasma choline by 40%? According to nutrition scientist Dr. Donald Layman, at the University of Illinois:
"Choline supplementation may provide benefits for endurance athletes such as marathon runners, as well as more casual athletes, by preventing the adverse health effects associated with choline deficiency."
This indicates that Alpha GPC could potentially improve physical performance and reduce fatigue by increasing the available energy for muscles to use. In studies, Alpha-GPC helps athletes avoid the exercise-induced depletion in choline levels, enhances endurance performance, and even boosts growth hormone production.
Does Alpha GPC increase growth hormone secretion?
Yes! Not only can Alpha GPC help you to train harder and perform better, but it has also been shown to increase natural growth hormone production! Growth hormone is responsible for a variety of important physiological processes, including protein synthesis, cell regeneration, muscle growth, and the breakdown of body fat.
Alpha GPC supplementation has been shown in clinical trials to enhance plasma growth hormone levels following exercise, which can result in greater muscle mass and lower body fat. Alpha GPC not only helps you to boost your physical performance, but it may also help you to make better gains from your training and stay on track with your fitness goals.
So, what does all this mean for you as an athlete?
Simply put, if you're looking for a natural nootropic that can improve your mind-muscle connection, increase energy levels, and help you train harder and perform better, then Alpha GPC may be the perfect supplement for you.
In addition to a number of cognitive advantages, Alpha GPC is an effective aid for enhanced physical performance. Take your training up to the next level with Alpha GPC, and see the results for yourself!
Simply Nootropics Elevate is an excellent source of Alpha GPC, with a daily active ingredient of 250mg. If you want to experience the benefits of this nootropic for yourself, be sure to check out our products today.